Beginners ONLY! This is not for experienced users. If you've taken a course in SEO before, this will be boring for you.
Let me guess, you built a website, and no one showed up...
Yeahp. Happens every time.
Don't worry, we can help you learn the basics of search engine optimization and feel comfortable with making simple changes to your website that increase the chances of getting noticed.
This course is for you if:
- You want people to find you on Google, but have no idea how to do that.
- You just want a basic overview of things you can apply right now.
- You may have had a website for a while, but aren't seeing many visitors, and you don't know why.
- You've paid someone else to build a website or "do SEO" and nothing happened. (This is quite common, don't feel bad.)
What to Expect
This course will give you a brief overview of basic SEO strategies that you can use within your WordPress website and exactly how to execute on them.
I've organized it for you in a quick and simple way that will get you through the course in about an hour.
I know you're super busy and need to get back to your business, but doing this now will eliminate a lot of the problems that happen later on, and get your "snowball" rolling down the hill. Plus, you might already be making some mistakes that are detrimental to your business, and this course will make sure you correct any of those errors.
So set aside some time, either now, or sometime this week, because if you've got a new website and aren't sure how to optimize a meta description..
You're going to need a little help.
Don't worry. It's not coding! It's not super technical or really difficult...
But you should have a little bit of a feel to your website before beginning. And you should have your WordPress site installed, so that you can follow along. If you don't have a site yet, or even a domain, check out my completely free course on setting up a WordPress site by clicking here.
After this course you will:
- Know how to avoid Google penalties and not screw things up with shady tactics
- Understand how to properly upload images
- Know how Google works
- How to manage someone to handle your SEO, or how to hire an SEO expert
- Save a lot of time doing it right the first time
- Have all the plugins you need to manage your SEO
- Templates, cheat sheets, and references to help keep you on the right track as you optimize your site
- Be ready for discovering more advanced techniques that will build on the SEO fundamentals you just learned.
What's up? I'm Derric. I co-founded SplashU, our online business incubator program, and SplashOPM, the first ever customer-centric startup incubator. I write, blog, speak, and breathe growth marketing. I love startups. I love the struggles that we all have at the beginning of a business, and the strategies we uncover to make our idea blossom into reality. I hate seeing waste and other people making mistakes (even though I still make plenty myself), and that's what drives me to do what I do.
Have any questions? Contact me directly: email@example.com